AUCKLAND OPEN MICS GUIDE
A list of all the regular Open Mics we know of in Tāmaki Makaurau.
CURRENT OPEN MIC LIST in AUCKLAND
Also a LIST OF COMEDY OPEN MICS at the bottom.
**UPDATE NO OPEN MICS IN PERSON UNTIL LEVEL 1 or LEVEL 2**
Please check with hosts or venues before deciding to check things out.
Updated 5 October 2021.
- Grand Central, Ponsonby 9pm-late w. Eddie Gaiger
- Auckland Scratch Night - Old Folks Ass. 8 Gundry Street, Auckland CBD from 7.30pm (Open to makers of any kind, Theatre, Drag, stand-up comedy, musicians etc)
Last Monday of every month. Contact Melody Rachel - email@example.com if you'd like to present something.
- Takapuna Bar, Takapuna 7.30pm-late w. Lance Roberts (1st Tuesday of the month)
- Portland Public House, Kingsland 8pm-midnight w. Ema Barton pre booking highly recommended. (No backline. Acoustic gat, PA & foldbacks on site. )
- Carpe Diem Restaurant & Bar, Orewa. 268 Hibuscus Coast Highway. 7-10pm
w. Andrew Crozier (txt 027 420 5489 for info.)
- The Clare Inn, Dominion Road w. Darren McShane from 8.30pm (1 hour slots pre-booking required, great for bands)
- Win-Win Songwriter Club & Open Mic Sessions, 212 Ponsonby Rd, 7.30-11.30pm w. Ema Barton
7.30pm Songwriter Club 9pm Regular Open Mic (15min slots, not suited for big bands)
- Bad Witch / Ding Dong Lounge, Wyndham St CBD - Open BAND Jam (check their page for details)
- Auckland Blues Music Club Jam Night
Longroom -114 Ponsonby Rd from 8pm. (Fortnightly) Full backline provided, just bring instrument w. Greer Wilcox
- Inside Out Open Mic for Writers. Hypatia, 246 Khyber Pass Grafton. (Monthly) 7pm. Free entry. It’s open mic spoken word for any kind of writing eg flash, poetry, fiction + great guests musicians. Check Facebook site. w. Anita Arlov
- PIGGY, Howick (1st Wed of the month)
From 7.30pm w. Zoe Scott
- Nine Live Open Mic @ Cassette Nine (Vulcan Lane, CBD (2nd Wed of the month) from 7-10pm w. Victoria Hollings.
-The Kingslander, Kingsland 7.30pm-late w. Sam Bartells & Edwin Judd
- 605, Morningside from 7pm w. Chris Dews
- Manukau Cruising Club, Onehunga 6.30pm-late
- The Matakana - Village Pub 7-10pm w. Carlie Blanchett-Burton & Aysha Robertson (Monthly - last Thursday of the Month)
- The Thirsty Dog (Make Your Noise ) K Rd (2nd Thursday of the month) open to all acts. Doors Open at 7pm w. Jamie Danielle Wise
- RSA Titirangi from 8.30pm (usually last Friday of every month) Has backline. Suits bands, singers & guitarists who generally play in a live band setting, no specific booking just turn up early on the night w. Stephen Rose.
- Swanson RSA Open Mic 1st Friday of the month (check their Facebook Page)
- Cafe Oro, Glen Eden = 3 a month on Fridays: 1st Friday music, 2nd Friday poetry, 4th Friday comedy w. Julia Clement.
- Elevation Brasserie, 473 Scenic Drive, Waiatarua (3rd Friday of the month) 6.30 to 9.30pm. Prizes for performers. PA, mics, stands and leads provided. To book a performance spot email firstname.lastname@example.org w. Fiona McEwen
- Irish Club, Rocky Nook Ave, Mt Albert (1st Friday of the month) from 7pm w. The Auckland Irish Society
- The Hub, Milford (Jam Session) Every Sunday 5-8pm (in winter 4pm start) Mostly jams, so singers and/or instrumentalists welcome
Drumkit & Bass available. Bands can prebook a spot w. Amanda de Beer or Kevin Millar
- Fantail & Turtle, Smales Farm (1st Sunday of the month) 5-9pm w. Edwin Judd pre booking recommended.
- PARTNERS in CRIME bar, 297 parnell rd. 6-8pm
COMEDY OPEN MICS:
(please check with venues or hosts for more info:
Monday: Revelry w. Angel Jordan
Tuesday: Ding Dong Lounge (Wyndham St CBD,
upstairs w. Gary Dooley
Tuesday & Wednesday : Tabac w. Chester Jerrat
Wednesday: The Corner Store w. Ian Ireland
Friday: Rombus (Howick) w. Matt Coombe
Cafe Oro (Glen Eden) - 4th Friday
w. Julia Clement
Saturday: Redbar w. Matt Coombe
Sunday: Thirsty Dog w. Ian Ireland &
Brendhan Lovegrove mc.
Garnett Station w. Ian Ireland
Kia Ora Open Micers..these are the current regular open mics + hours in the Auckland region, please let admin know if this info needs adjusting or to add / delete. If you want something new added please message us the venue, suburb, frequency, run time & name of hosts. Short & sweet is good.